A new service to support the wellbeing of our young people across Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight launches today, Monday 24 May.
Kooth, a service delivered by Kooth Plc, is a free online counselling and emotional wellbeing support service providing young people aged 11 - 25 years (up to their 26th birthday) with a safe and secure means of accessing support with their emotional health and wellbeing needs from a professional team of qualified counsellors.
The service has been commissioned by NHS Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group and is a new way for young people to access support, alongside the mental health and wellbeing services in place across Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight. No referral required, young people can access the service directly and in complete confidence at www.kooth.com.
By accessing Kooth young people can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability - counsellors are available from 12pm to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- An online magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.