On 24 February 2022 all domestic COVID-19 restrictions in England lifted.
On 21 February 2022, the Government published its plan for living with COVID-19. The document sets how the Government will ensure people continue to be protected through vaccines, support the NHS, whilst also moving to a new phase of managing COVID-19.
With the Government removing the remaining domestic restrictions in England there are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated – if you haven’t had a vaccination yet you can take up the offer at any vaccination site. If you aren’t sure our staff are happy to talk through any questions you might have.
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors, or meet outside
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms, and stay at home if positive
For full details on COVID-19 vaccination clinics across Hampshire and Isle of Wight, click here.
More information on the COVID-19 vaccine, including who is eligible, how people will be contacted and COVID passes, please click here.
How to access the COVID-19 jab locally
- Via a local GP service: GP practices are working together across the county to vaccinate as many people as possible. Residents may be contacted by a different surgery to the one they usually go to. These sites are delivering booster doses and third doses for people who are immunosuppressed.
- At a vaccination centre: In our area we have centres at St James's Hospital in Portsmouth, Riverside on the Isle of Wight and Oakley Road in Southampton, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. Eligible people should receive a letter advising them of this route to book an appointment. These sites are offering appointments for booster doses and first doses for children aged 12 – 17.
- At a walk-in site: Walk-in sites are being added to the National Booking Service (NBS) all the time. Alternatively call the National Booking Service on 119 (open between 7am and 11pm daily, or the Hampshire and Isle of Wight COVID-19 Helpline on 0300 561 0018 (open between 8am and 8pm daily).
- Some local pharmacies: NHS England and Improvement has arranged for some pharmacies in Hampshire and Isle of Wight to provide the booster vaccination on an appointment basis. People can book an appointment at a pharmacy via the National Booking System online or by calling 119.
For more information on local sites please click here.